Saturday, November 16, 2013

State of the Skin, application techniques, and an FOTD

Hi guys! I've been having a really nice time makeup-wise lately, even though I haven't been sharing on the blog much. I've had fairly good skin in the last few months, which I think is largely due to me losing some weight and also taking Spironolactone. I've had so much trouble with acne in the past but that seems to be largely behind me now. It's so awesome! I still get the occasional zit during that time of the month. I will totally take that compared to what I used to have, which was at least 3 zits on my face on any given day. I still have hyperpigmenation and old acne scars, but they'll go away with time.

I also got and started using a Beauty Blender. I've held off on buying this for so long because, seriously, $20 for a sponge? I've tried a few cheap knock offs as well. The Cherry Culture 40% off sitewide sale came up a while back and I thought, what the heck. I might as well take advantage of the sale and get something I wouldn't normally pay full price for. Now that I've used the real thing, I totally know what all the fuss is about. I haven't touched my foundation brushes since I got the Beauty Blender. I have trouble with flaky skin making my foundation look weird, and I think brushes just kind of stir the flakies up. The Beauty Blender just presses them all down. It makes my foundation looks the best it's ever looked. I really don't want to ever go back to foundation brushes, which is disconcerting because I have a lot of them, LOL!

It's ironic that I've been lauding a sponge so much when the FOTD I'm going to show you didn't use the Beauty Blender at all, I just used my hands. I used a foundation that seems to work best with your hands, but I still love the way my skin looked throughout the day.

 photo IMG_8034_zps266ee9a2.jpg  photo IMG_8036_zps01feb3ac.jpg  photo IMG_8038_zpsc3e9e211.jpg

Products used:

Skin - Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer, L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, Cover Girl + Olay Concealer Balm, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Benefit Hoola bronzer, Jane Multi-Colored Cheek Powder in Peach Bouquet

Eyes - Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (Foxy, Tease, Chopper, Snakebite & Blackout), L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner, L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara on top lashes, Cover Girl Clump Crusher Extensions on bottom lashes, NYX Brow Cake Powder in Blonde, ELF Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

Lips - MAC Fleshpot lipstick topped with Flower Haute Honeysuckle.



Please know that I didn't edit my pics at all, I only cropped and added my blog watermark.

I also tried something different when I did my eye makeup this time. Normally I'm not extremely fond of liquid liner. I have a hard time using it without screwing up. I find that no matter what I do the liner always looks bumpy and uneven, probably because that's the way the skin on my eye is. I also can't wear liner all the way into my inner corner because my inner eye is so crepey it just runs into my fine lines and smears all over the place. Not a good look. So this time I decided to apply my liquid liner first, going all the way to the inner corner, and then apply my eyeshadow after. I also used Urban Decay Blackout to kind of clean up the bumpy and uneven spots in the liner. I really loved the way the liner looked so clean and polished! It looked much better than it usually does when I used liquid liner. The bad news is it still creased in my fine lines in the inner corner. :( So...back to the drawing board on that. I'd really like to be able to wear liner on my entire eye, not just the outer two-thirds of it. I'm thinking of trying cake liner next. Any ideas?

Thanks for reading my ramblings, guys! Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I think your liner looks good in these pictures. Also, your skin does look really nice! I really struggle with my skin as well, it must feel good to get rid of some of the issues you were having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're skin is definitely looking amazing. Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena