Saturday, August 3, 2013

Maybelline Limited Edition Colored Mascaras (swatches on lashes)

 photo maybellinelecoloredmascaras2013_zps08e04cdf.jpg 

 Hey guys! I've had a bit of a blogging break, as you could probably tell. I wish I could get myself on a better schedule than this, but alas... Anyway, I'm back with some swatches of the 2013 limited edition colored Maybelline mascaras! Hope you like!

 photo maybellinelecoloredmascaraswatches_zps4a8044f5.jpg 

Straight out of the tube, those colors look very promising, don't they? From left to right: Wink of Pink, So Very Berry, Vision in Violet, I See Blue, Teal Appeal, and Green With Envy. *sigh* Isn't that last name getting a little old, guys? I swear there's 2 products in every brand with that name, or at least something about green and envy. Can we just retire it? Names aside, let's see how they look on the lashes. I swatched all of these on top of a white mascara base on the top lashes for maximum color impact. My lower lashes are the mascara only, no base.

 photo maybellinewinkofpinkonlashes_zps2a85d4b2.jpg 
Color me surprised! I expected the pink mascara to be the weakest of the bunch, but it's actually one of the strongest. I really like it!

 photo maybellinesoveryberry_zpsb1c2e038.jpg 
I was excited about this one, but it turns out to look just maroon at best and plain brown at worst. It's a cool effect, but not really what I was wanting. I wanted more red.

 photo maybellinevisioninviolet_zps4ad120fd.jpg 
Womp womp womp. This was the worst of the bunch. You can barely see any purple, it just looks like a faded black. Drat.

 photo maybellineiseeblue_zps530720ca.jpg 
This one is electric! Its color payoff is every bit as good as the pink. Awesome!

 photo maybellinetealappeal_zpsd3163207.jpg 
I had high hopes for this one, as it's a beautiful color. It does look pretty cool up close, but from far away you can't really tell. I wore this on top of a blackened teal & seafoam green eye yesterday, and you couldn't see the teal mascara at all.

 photo maybellinegreenwithenvy_zps2d7eddbb.jpg
This is an interesting kelly green, but the color comes out looking pretty drab and faded. Another miss.

My recommendations are Wink of Pink, I See Blue, and maybe Teal Appeal. That is, if you even like colored mascara in the first place. I was thinking maybe I could put these in my daughter's hair if I just wanted to use them for something. Would that make too much of a mess, you think? ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches, I was wondering how these looked on. I find coloured mascaras that I have tried in the past never showed up as well as I thought they would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swatches. Aside from the fact that these likely won't even make it to Australia, there's just not enough visible colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the formula to be okay for the bottom lashes alone, but they don't do much for my top lashes. I really liked So Very Berry because it shows quite burgundy on my blonde eyelashes.

    Thanks for the pics, I will have to pick up more! :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena