This all started because I really wanted MAC Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadow, but the only way I could get it in a way that didn't kill my wallet was to buy a decent dupe, which is Stila Diamond Lil eyeshadow. I bought it on eBay, and because of my sickness in which I don't like anything to be alone, and I like consistency in my freeform palettes, I uh...acquired 29 more. >.>
Please note that I didn't buy any of these eyeshadows at full price. Most of these I got on All Cosmetics Wholesale. I also bought several on eBay. Most of them I paid under $10.00, and I think the highest price I paid was around $15.00ish. Since these retail for $18.00, I think that's pretty good.
Anyway, I have 30 Stila single eyeshadows in 2 Z-palettes to show you today, and I really like them. There are a couple of duds, which I'll note below. Here we go!
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2013. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
- Chinois - This is a matte pale beige that's got a slightly greyed, eggshell feel to it. A very nice browbone highlight. Quite pigmented, looks a bit chalky in the swatch, but works great none the less.
- Prize - A very glittery light gold. Very powdery and kicks up a lot of dust when you put a brush to it. Lots of fall out as well, but it's a pretty color.
- Heather - Light shimmery pink.
- Cloud - Similar to Heather in lightness of the shade, only it's more greyed & neutral.
- Wheat - A nice light champagny gold. This one's very pretty.
- Launey - A light satiny peach with lots of very fine gold glitter.
- Oasis - Perfect champagny light peach.
- Dune - It's hard to see, it's almost the exact same color as the skin on my arm. A matte skintone shade. It's pigmented and would be a great all over lid color or a base to blend other colors against.
- Eden - Similar to Dune in lightness, it's just mauvey. A nice blender color.
- Kamet - This one was a dud for me. It looks like a light grey in the pan, almost like MAC's Copperplate, but the texture was extremely dry & hard. I had to scrape product out of the pan with a small spatula to get this swatch. Bummer.
- Sun - A champagne sparkle color with some fine glitter. It's similar to Oasis only Oasis is gold & Sun is peachy.
- Sparkle - A somewhat subdued gold. I like this one a lot.
- Champara - Nice light brown matter color.
- Chinchina - Very similar to Champara only more reddish.
- Viola - A lovely mauvey shimmer.
- Shore - An interesting lilac silver with quite a bit of glitter. It's a bit darker than it appears here. Really nice color.
- Jezebel - Peach shimmer.
- Tolima - Another matte brown. Darker than Champara & Chinchina.
- Tone - A matte dusty purplish shade. This one didn't swatch very well, there's not much pigmentation going on. It looks much darker in the pan than it swatches.
- Pigalle - A cranberry shimmer. This one had medium pigmentation.
- Grace - A lovely taupey shimmer. Seems a bit more cool toned in real life than it is here.
- Ray - Orange shimmer.
- Kalahoo - Nicely pigmented matte gray, leans purple. I'd recommend Kalahoo over Tone.
- Poise - A pretty plum shimmer in the pan, but a pain to swatch. Very patchy.
- Illimani - Gorgeous matte red-brown. Great pigmentation.
- Golightly - I think this is a popular color, and it's easy to see why. It's a beautiful bronze shimmer.
- La Douce - A rather murky olive shimmer.
- Diamond Lil - My absolute favorite of all of them. It's so complex. There's grey, there's taupe, there's gold. You need this one.
- Twig - A nice reddened brown shimmer.
- Indigo - A matte navy, somewhat patchy, but not the worst by any means.
So what do you think? Do you have any single Stila eyeshadows?
Have a good weekend!