Saturday, March 23, 2013

My Favorite Lipglosses: Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss

All products shown in this post were purchased by me.

Prior to now, if I had to choose, I'd probably say Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses were my favorite lipgloss formula. Honestly there really hasn't been a stand out favorite for me in the lipgloss category. I have a ton of them and there are pros and cons to every line. Really I've been kinda 'meh' about lipgloss in the past, until I met my new favorite, that is...


 photo maybellinecolorsensationalhighshinelipglosses2_zps8ce81c92.jpg
From left to right: Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss in Raspberry Reflections, Mirrored Plum (LE), Fiercely Fucshia (LE), and Captivating Coral.


All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2013. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.  photo maybellinecolorsensationalhighshinelipglosses1_zpsf4dd1def.jpg
From left to right: Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss in Striking Peach (LE), Luminous Latte, Knockout Pearl (LE), and Electric Shock.

The colors I've noted are LE (limited edition) above are from Maybelline's new spring collection called Color Goes Electric. Basically, go out and look for this collection right now! Ignore the permanent line and search for these limited edition colors, because they have a very nice color selection and I don't know how much longer they'll be available.

First, can we talk about how gorgeous that packaging is? It's so gleaming and mirror like! There's no text or wrappings mucking up the view on this gorgeous gloss. It looks very high end to me, I love it!

Now for swatches!

 photo maybellinecolorsensationalhighshinelipglossswatches_zps5e1c9d74.jpg

The best thing about these glosses are the awesome colors and the opacity. I mean there are a couple sheer ones like Striking Peach & Knockout Pearl, but the rest are all full-on, bold color that applies so smooth and opaque. Do you see how the color keeps going even down toward the end of the swatch? I just basically drag the doefoot applicator across my arm to swatch, and where most lipglosses would be petering out in color, these are still going. It's awesome!

The second thing I love about these are the texture. The texture is somewhat thick and they feel so smooth and plush on the lips. You can really feel the gloss when you rub your lips together and it feels so good! Some people have mentioned these have a graininess to them, which I find to be somewhat true, but it doesn't bother me in the least. I think they're slightly grainy because they are so pigmented. 

The lasting power of these glosses is truly phenomenal! They stay shiny and colorful for hours. They really cling to the lips and that's another reason I find them to be the best lipglosses I've ever tried. They do have a mild fruit punch type of scent. 

Have you tried any of these yet? If not, grab some ASAP! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow these look so nice! I am really impressed by drugstore products nowadays. They are so much better than what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy moley! Look at all those gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I was searching for maybelline swatch and boom! I saw your blog. You really have an amazing swatches and pictures of the products! Super lovely! I'll follow your blog so I can see more of your upcoming reviews and swatches! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena