Monday, December 31, 2012

My Top 5 Products of 2012

It's the last day of 2012! I wanted to do sort of a year end favorites, but I wanted a very narrowed down list. These are my top 5 favorite products that I got the most use out of, that I'd buy again and again without question. Hope you enjoy!


Photobucket
#5: CoverGirl Mascaras. Pretty much ANY CoverGirl mascara! I've tried almost all varieties and I love them all. They have a nice dry formula that doesn't smudge on me, and they volumize like no other. They are my HG mascara. While I may stray and try others, I keep coming back to these!


Photobucket
#4: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters. How I love these lippies! When they first came out I didn't think they were very special, but as time wore on I grew to love them the more that I wore them. When I wore these back to back with other lipsticks, I noticed how drying and dehydrating many lipsticks are! Lip Butters are so moisturizing and pleasant to wear, however. They truly leave your lips in better condition than they found them. If my lipstick collection vanished, I'd restock with Lip Butters immediately. They are the best lipstick in the world! That little nub in the back is Peach Parfait, which is my favorite shade and my most worn lipstick ever.


All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
Photobucket
#3: Smashbox Halo Powder. The powder that doesn't look like powder! This is a miracle worker for my dry skin. I bought this late in 2011, and yes, it is very expensive, but I've had this one for over a year now and it's still going strong. I used to bemoan how powdery and cakey my skin looked when I wore powder. I used to spray myself with Fix+ like crazy, trying to take away the powdery-ness. Halo is magic! It doesn't even look like you've powdered your skin other than the shine is gone. It sets your makeup like a champ too, especially the under-eye area!


Photobucket 
#2: Maybelline Color Tattoos. I can't even tell you how much I love these. I use them alone and they don't crease or fade away; I can use them as bases and they make my powder eyeshadows last all day. The colors are gorgeous and barely a day goes by that I don't pick at least one out for my eye look. I think they are one of the best products to ever be released at the drugstore.


Photobucket 
#1: Paula's Choice Skincare. Yes, I cheated a bit and chose an entire brand for my #1. I made my first Paula's Choice order in July of this year, and I haven't looked back since. My skin has made a complete turn around. I used to have the worst skin. I had constant cystic acne but also dry flaky patches. The texture of my face was awful, like the surface of the moon or something. I used to always have to wear full coverage foundation and cake on the concealer to hide all the blemishes. I even photoshopped my own blog pics so no one would have to look at the nasties. :( Now my skin is so much better it almost brings me to tears. I wish I had discovered Paula's Choice sooner! (I really have Sasquatch Swatch to thank for it, her post on skincare inspired me to try PC.) My skin still isn't perfect, and I've come to understand that it will never be, but actually having entire weeks go by without a blemish is truly something to be thankful for.

Tell me your top 5 products in the comments! Happy 2013!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome list! I really need to try those lip butters :)
    Have an amazing new year!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Color Tattoos are one of my favourite products this year, too. There are a couple of duff shades in my opinion but they're fab. I'll have to check out that powder as well, I have dry skin and I'm always looking for nice powders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! Can you believe that I only just bought my first Color Tattoo a couple of weeks ago, and still only have the one? I do have my fair share of the Revlon Lip Butters, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until I get to the states so I can buy more Color Tattoos and Lip Butters. We have maybe half the colours here in Australia so I'm going to go nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color tattoos are absolutely one of my fav's too ! They are just incredible :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Revlon Lip Butters ARE f'in awesome! I wear Peach Parfait to work all the time!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena