Saturday, November 24, 2012

Swatches & Review: Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Quads

Revlon recently ditched their old ColorStay quads and released new colors with new packaging. I have seven of them to show you today.


Photobucket Photobucket
First we have Moonlit. Taupe lovers will like this one, I think. That first color is white and quite frosty.


Photobucket Photobucket
This is Decadant. Mostly very light pinky and peachy shades. Very pretty.


Photobucket Photobucket
Next up is Goddess. Not my favorite, honestly. These shades are sheer, frosty and chock full of glitter.


Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen. Photobucket
This is Brazen. Again, all frosty, but the colors are gorgeous. That first color is yellow, but it's hard to tell. The bronzes really float my boat, I like these colors a lot.


Photobucket Photobucket
Siren. Pretty pigmented and good for a cool toned smokey eye. That last grey color is almost matte. I like the middle two purpley taupes.


Photobucket Photobucket
Delightful. This one doesn't look like much, but it's one of my favorites. That second peach shade is gorgeous! Very much an every day lid color. Also, the first beigey color is totally matte, and it's one of the best mattes I've ever seen at the drugstore. It's not chalky at all, just so smooth and lovely. Whenever I go to use these quads I always use the beige shade from Delightful as my browbone highlight.


Photobucket Photobucket
This is Addictive, and it's my favorite of all the quads I have. It's just a very nice every day neutral taupey quad. That third taupe color is so pretty, taupe with a golden underlay. It makes me think of Patina by MAC, only taupe instead of gold. The pigmentation on this one is solid.

Onto my overall thoughts: these honestly aren't that fabulous. I kinda wish I hadn't bought so many of them. If I did it over again, I'd probably only get Addictive and Delightful. As you can see, Revlon was very liberal with the glitter. You can see glitter jumping out at you from the swatches, even from the shades that are supposed to be 'matte' (i.e., the first 2 colors in Addiction). A lot of the colors seem to be a bunch of glitter and frost without a lot of pigment to back it up. I highly dislike that quality in my eyeshadow. The texture of the eyeshadows themselves is pretty weird, also. I don't know how to describe it except to say it's dry, flakey, and chunky. I feel like this is the texture Revlon ended up with because they were trying so hard to make them LAST FOR 16 HOURS OMG MY MAKEUP MUST NOT MOVE. I've seen other long lasting eyeshadow products have a much smoother texture than these, however. (L'Oreal Infallibles, anyone?) People generally wear eyeshadow primer these days, too. I get where Revlon was going with these, but I think they'd be much better if they'd just tried to make a high quality, pigmented eyeshadow. On a positive note, some colors here and there in these quads are really beautiful, I just wish the quality were more consistent.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the swatches! I picked up one of these and was not impressed with the pigmentation... So many of the colors are really beautiful and unique, I wish the formula was better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches, the colours are nice, too bad the quality isn't so great :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. you basically bought their whole line of eye shadows :P jkjk great swatches! i haven't heard too many raves on these so I wasn't shocked much.

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena