Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Best (and Cheapest) Razor I've Ever Used

I know I don't talk about bath/shower products that much on Femputer Makeup. That is about to change because recently I bought the best razor I've ever used in my entire life! This post isn't sponsored in any way,  I purchased these products with my own money. After using this razor for a month or so, I want everyone to know about this website that I bought it from!

The website is Dorco and they have generic shaving products for both men and women. My husband introduced me to Dorco. He loves having a nice high end razor with cartridges, no disposables will do. But he hates the price of the refills! It's pretty ridiculous, like $4 a cartridge, even at Walmart. He found the Dorco site, bought his first combination pack, and hasn't looked back since. He loved them so much that he recommended Dorco to his friends, and I thought I might as well at least try their womens' razors.


Photobucket

This is what I bought. Here we have the Shai Razor package which came with 2 cartridges in it, and it also came with 2 boxes of the refills that have 4 cartridges each in them. I also bought a refill pack of 4 more boxes of cartridges. So I got a total of 26 cartridges and the razor handle and holder with suction cup. According to the website, each cartridge provides a good 10-15 shaves each. Based on how much I shave, this set right here will probably last me a year or so, give or take.

Do you want to know how much I paid for all of this?

$28.00! Yes! Just $28.00. And the shipping was free!

But the low cost wouldn't matter if the razor was crap, right? I'm happy to report that's not the case at all. I've never seen a razor like this before, and it is amazing! Let's take a closer look.


Photobucket
Here's the razor in it's holder.

Photobucket
A close-up of the head. As you can see there are 6 blades on this razor. The interesting bit is that the razor is divided into two groups of three blades, and the razor head itself bends in the middle!

Photobucket
It can bend back...

Photobucket
And it can bend forward!

Pretty awesome, right? I find this razor gives me the most amazing close shave. It really can wrap around the curves of your legs and underarms with ease and gives a really comfortable shave. I find the bottom three blades tend to get the most hairs, but the top three always get any that may be left behind.


Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen. Photobucket
There's what the cartridges themselves look like.

I am absolutely shocked that such a high quality razor can be had for such little money. You're probably going to pay about 4-5 times the price for a similar razor and cartridges in a drugstore. I will never buy my razors anywhere but Dorco in the future.

Since the website can be a bit tricky to navigate, here's links to exactly what I purchased in case you're interesed:

Razor & Cartridge Combo Pack
Cartridges Only Combo Pack

Thanks for reading!


5 comments:

  1. Great post, I'll have to tell my husband. He also uses those razors that are like a trillion dollars for refill cartridges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear, I can't seem to be able to reply to comments on my own blog, but to answer your question; I don't know..! Its the first make-up brush I ever got, my mum gave it to me years and years ago, and god only knows I wish I knew what it was because I could certainly do with having a few more :) I wish I could suggest something similar, but I havent yet found anything that's come close to it, sorry :( x

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena