Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Revised Opinion of the New Maybelline Fall Fashion Week Quads

Hi all!

When last I posted and showed you some of the new Maybelline EyeStudio quads from the Fall Fashion Week collection, I mentioned not being very fond of a couple of them. Sea Sprite and Smokey Cinnamon, to be specific. I thought Sea Sprite swatched very poorly, and while the quality of Smokey Cinnamon was fine, I wasn't digging the color combination. For some reason when I dislike something makeup-wise, the first thing I want to do is play around with it to see if I can find something to like about it. So the other day I played around with these 2 quads and created a look on each eye using all 4 colors in the quad. Here are the results!

Photobucket Photobucket
Up first is Sea Sprite. I am happy to report that while this quad swatched poorly, it applied to my eye just fine! Quite beautiful in fact. I used the white gold as my highlight, the greenish gold as a crease color, the teal green on my lid and the matte forest green on the outer corner. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden under this look. I also used Maybelline EyeStudio Gel Liner in Forest. I'm not wearing any other makeup so please ignore my dark circles, hehe.


Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen. Photobucket
This is Smokey Cinnamon.While it may not be the most routine of color combinations, I actually think it looks quite pretty on blue eyes. With the right cheek and lip color this could be very pretty indeed, and very work appropriate. I used UDPP in Eden again, and the beige on the browbone, the dirty goldish green in the crease, the cinnamon color in the outer corner, and the light greenish gold in the inner corner. I also used ELF Cream Eyeliner in black to do my wing.

So there you have it! First impressions can be changed. :)

One thing I will say about these EyeStudio quads is that they tend to be very glitter heavy, and I usually experience some fallout. I always do my eye makeup before my foundation so this is never an issue for me, but I can see how it'd be deal breakers for some.

Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments:

  1. Smokey Cinnamon ! Love that one ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both looks! They came out really nice. I want that green Maybelline liner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they both turned out awesome, I especially like the Smokey Cinnamon one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both! The muted minty greenish color really caught my eye, but the brown and copper hues are lovely too. They make your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena