Sunday, August 19, 2012

Maybelline Fall Fashion Week Collection Eye Products & Swatches

When I heard Maybelline was releasing 4 new Color Tattoos, and they were going to be neutralish fall colors, I was so excited! Color Tattoos have become an HG product for me. I hardly ever use an eyeshadow primer lately, I just pick a corresponding Color Tattoo (or not, it's fun to see what effects you can come up with when you layer two different colors!) and apply my eyeshadow right over it. It makes my eyeshadow last all day plus gives it much more dimension than just using a colorless primer.

Anyway, back to the Fall Collection. I was so lucky and stumbled upon a nearly untouched display at Wags yesterday. I immediately snatched up all four Color Tattoos and two duochrome nail polishes. The EyeStudio quads also looked quite interesting, and I decided I couldn't leave them behind. So today I have swatches of all the eyeshadow quads and Color Tattoos for you!

Photobucket
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige

Photobucket
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Mossy Green

Photobucket
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer

Photobucket
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Rich Mahogany


Photobucket


In short, I'm absolutely in love with these. They are the perfect compliment to my current collection of Color Tattoos. They'll make perfect bases for the deeper or neutral looks I like to do. If you like Color Tattoos, you need all of these. I'm sorry, but it's the truth!


Photobucket Photobucket
Maybelline EyeStudio quad in Sea Sprite

Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen. Photobucket
Maybelline EyeStudio quad in Smokey Cinnamon

Photobucket Photobucket
Maybelline EyeStudio quad in Olive Martini

Photobucket Photobucket
Maybelline EyeStudio quad in Cozy Cashmere

These are a bit more of a mixed bag.

Sea Sprite is my least favorite. The first 2 colors are pretty and shimmery, but the teal and forest green applied so patchy and chalky. I'm not sure how they'll perform on the eye but I doubt it'll be that great.

Smokey Cinnamon is okay in terms of quality. The colors are quite glitter heavy. I'm just not digging the color combination personally, so I'm going to say this one is a pass.

Olive Martini's first color is a dud. It's a sheer pink shimmer that pretty much disappears on my skin, except for the glitter. The other 3 colors are great, however. You may have noticed that Too Faced Label Whore/MAC Blue Brown pigment dupe. Seems like there's a million colors like this these days: reddish brown with green interference. It's pretty neat, though, and if you want the dupe I'd recommend this one.

The standout of this group for me was Cozy Cashmere. The first color is metallic beigey perfection. It reminds me a lot of the first color in the L'Oreal Electrified HiP duo. The last two colors are interesting mattes. The third is orangey brick, and the last is red brick. I don't think I've seen colors like this at the drugstore before. It's going to look amazing on green and blue eyes. This is the only 'must have' out of the quads for me.

So there you have it! What do you think? Are you going to hunt for these limited edition releases?

6 comments:

  1. I just found an untouched display like you did yesterday, and somehow I talked myself out of buying a THING. I'm so excited you picked up the nail polishes, though- I wanted every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Cozy Cashmere is lovely! I haven't tried the Color Tattoos, but I keep meaning to... I have heard mixed reviews, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be lucky and they'll work well for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I really love those Color Tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh , those are good looking ! Especially the Color Tattos and the Quad in Smokey Cinnamon .... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection for the fall! The quads in Olive Martini and Cozy Cashmere look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The orangey from cozy cashmere reminds me of Macs brown script and Macs swiss chocolate or mac brown down u like it very affordable

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena