Saturday, May 19, 2012

Review: Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes

Photobucket

Hi all. Today I have a review of the newest Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, Lots of Lashes (LOL). Honestly I've never been a fan of the original Great Lash. I've never had a mascara smear on me as much as that one did! But let's see how Lots of Lashes stacks up. Maybe it's better? This mascara gets generally positive reviews on MUA. 64% would buy it again, which is pretty high by MUA standards.

Photobucket
The wand is crazy! It's pretty short and has a very conical diamond shape. The longest bristles on it (towards the handle) are so long that it makes the brush somewhat unwieldy. The brush is so short that I can't really apply to a big chunk of lashes at once, I have to move it around a lot. That leads to those very long bristles being a little too close for comfort to my eyeball! Thankfully, I haven't poked myself in the eye...yet. While the brush is cool looking, it's just a wee bit hard to use.


Photobucket All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
Photobucket
One thing I totally forgot to do the last time I reviewed a mascara was show you pictures of my bare lashes! As you can see they are pretty light in color and really need mascara to show their full potential.


Photobucket Photobucket
Here's my lashes with LOL on. The results are pretty good! It definitely gave me 'lots of lashes.' There is quite a bit of length and a good bit of volume added. I found this mascara to be prone to clumping, which I attribute to that crazy brush. As far as wear, this mascara flaked quite a bit on me, and I had some smudging by the middle of the day. It wasn't nearly the smear-fest that the original Great Lash was on me, though! The color I picked was 'Blackest Black' and while I think it does look pretty black, I do think Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume was blacker. Removal was fine with my olive & castor oil combination.

As to me repurchasing, I'm leaning towards no right now. The brush is not my favorite to work with. I liked the results of Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume better. But as always, what didn't float my boat may be your HG! Mascara is such an individual thing. I highly encourage you to try as many kinds as you can (drugstore, preferably!) and eventually you'll find an HG.

I hope that was helpful and thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. This looks very nice on you, but I poke myself in they eye with "normal" rubber wands... I'd probably poke it out with this monstrosity! Thank you for reviewing it, it's so hard to find a good mascara. I have to say, I've had amazing luck with Prestige My Biggest Lashes. I never thought I'd find a mascara at the drugstore that would work for me, but it doesn't clump, doesn't flake, looks amazing on... If you are still looking for a good, inexpensive mascara, give it a try! I know it's worked well for a few others, too. *climbs off soapbox* Sorry... I really love this mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I read this review- I have been wanting to try this but I can't stand flakes and smudges- my lashes are long too so I take your word on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, this makes your lashes look AMAZEBALLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done review. Every bit of detail that a review should hold is here. Though, as a product I personally like Maybelline Colossal. It has a better brush.

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena