Saturday, May 5, 2012

NYX Nude on Nude Palette Swatches

I am so ticked I forgot this little guy when I was doing my Nekkid series! Grr! It even has the word 'nude' in the name and everything. Well, to make up for it, Nude on Nude is getting it's own post with brand new swatches. I did swatch and review this palette previously, but it was one of the posts that was stolen by the copycat blogger. :-/ Plus the swatches weren't very good, honestly. Yay for getting a redo!

Photobucket 

This palette is tiny! It fits right in the palm of my hand. The tiny square contains 9 eyeshadows and 2 lipglosses inside it.

I don't know if NYX decided they didn't like this palette design or what, because it seems to have been replaced with a much bigger palette that you can see here on Cherry Culture. This bigger palette is also called Nude on Nude! It has a ton more shadows and it seems to get a lot of love on Makeup Alley. Because I've thought of getting it as well, but I already have so many nude palettes. I probably have similar colors already.

Anyway, I don't know if NYX is discontinuing this tiny version? But it's still available on Cherry Culture here.

Here are the swatches:

Photobucket 
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.

The eyeshadows in this palette are lovely, very smooth and pigmented. I love that they included 3 mattes. Some of the colors even seem reminiscent of the original Naked palette. Honestly I detest lipglosses in palettes so I really don't pay much attention to them, but they're pictured for the sake of swatching them. Everytime I tried to get a picture of the outside of the palette it came out fingerprinted and dirty looking. :(

This is a really cute little palette and it would be ideal for traveling when you don't want to take much!

10 comments:

  1. I agree- very cute palette. The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it even has 'nude' in the name twice! Great colors! The matte colors look very creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great palette, it looks like there is a nice range of shades and finishes here. I wonder if the new one includes all of these shades as well, or if it's completely different? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S., I tagged you in a post over on my blog! It's a little Q & A thing :)

      Delete
  4. SOMEONE STOLE YOUR PICTURES!?!? What in the world? Anywho. Super cute! I may have to pick this up! (= Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it sucked. they stole whole blog posts and posted them as their own, actually. :( but they're deleted now, so it's all good! :)

      Delete
  5. BTW- I've tagged you! Visit my blog here: http://iridescentmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/05/11-q-tag-from-aylaloveslife.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks HUGE in the photo, I can't believe that it is only the size of your palm! I would think that the shadows would be hard to use at such a small size.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great colours. It's be perfect for travel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful neutural colors! New follower :)

    http://anythingandeverything026.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena