Saturday, May 26, 2012

Dollar Tree Finds

Ah, the Dollar Tree! I love shopping at the Dollar Tree. I always find something interesting, whether makeup related or otherwise, and I usually spend $20 or less a trip! I thought you guys might be interested in seeing what I got, especially since one of them is a beauty product that has been discontinued.

You may have heard from Noveau Cheap that NYC discontinued their Blushable Creme Sticks. I was very sad to hear this because in my opinion those blush sticks were one of the best blush products available at the drugstore, right up there with Milani Baked Blushes. Just one of those legendary, never fail products, you know? I was happy to see a bunch of the blush sticks at my Dollar Tree, however, and I went ahead and grabbed every color I didn't already have. Hey, it's only $1, right? Haha! That tends to be my philosophy at the Dollar Tree, it's only $1, no big loss if I don't like it! Anyway, if you haven't tried the NYC Blushable Creme Sticks, now would be the time. Get thee to a Dollar Tree!

Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
Photobucket
I got Plaza Pink, South St. Seashell, Mauvin' Uptown and Urban Spice. I can't believe how pigmented these are! I'm so pale I may only be able to use Mauvin' Uptown as a contouring type shade. But we'll see!

Photobucket
I also got these 3 packs of Olay Daily Facials individually wrapped cleansing cloths. I was thinking  these would be handy to take on vacation with me when I go next month. I've never tried these before, but I've heard some good things about them. Have you tried Olay Daily Facials?

I noticed that my Dollar Tree had a lot of nice travel size items like lotion, shampoo and shaving gel. That's great if you're going on a trip this summer and don't want to take much!

Photobucket
I also got this neat basket with a handle that I'm keeping all my 'daily use' makeup in. I was previously using a Sephora box with the flaps folded in, so this is definitely an improvement! XD

I also saw that my Dollar Tree had a bunch of Sally Hansen nail polish, but I didn't pick any up. They had both the Diamond Strength line and the Insta-Dry line in the funky bottles. Might be worth checking out!

Have you made any cheap yet special hauls lately?

Thanks for reading, hope you have a great long weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Great find with the Blushable Creme Sticks!

    My cheap but special haul was buying up a ton of Philosophy cosmetics at Big Lots for $3 a piece. Of course, when you buy one of nearly everything, it adds up, but since each item is cheap, it's okay, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking for Philosophy at my local Big Lots! So far no luck. :( Sounds like a fun haul!

      Delete
  2. Yay for $1 finds! I hear you about spending a lot when you go to the dollar store. But you always come home with a lot for the money! Great score on the blush sticks and the daily facials. I bet they will be great for travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep meaning to go to Dollar Tree to look for those blush sticks! They're pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding fun bargains. *side note: I love your nails! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it's two of those vinyl remix polishes by pure ice. :)

      Delete
  5. )= I havent been able to find these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw darn. :( hope you can find them soon!

      Delete
  6. I still haven't tried these, though they went on my wishlist a while ago! Plaza Pink is particularly droolworthy *____*

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena