Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gettin' Nekkid with Urban Decay's Naked Palette

At long last! This is the second-to-last post of my 'Nekkid' palette series, and it's focused on the original, the one that began the whole 'naked' craze: Urban Decay's Naked palette.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Ahh. Nothing quite like your first, is there? I remember watching Naked palette tutorials on YouTube for hours after I got this! There's only so many colors and so many ways to put them together, but I was fascinated by how much everyone loved this palette and how they made it work for them! I believe this is the palette that fostered my love and appreciation for neutrals. So let's see how they swatch!

Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
Photobucket

No matte highlight, but still, gorgeous colors nonetheless. The overall tone of this palette seems to be very warm. I feel like this combination of colors would work particularly well for blue eyes, but that's the nice thing about neutrals; they look great on everybody!

There is a dud in this palette: Sidecar. That eyeshadow is such a glittery, fall-out ridden mess! The rest of the shadows are pretty great, though. I love Naked and Buck for transition colors between browbone and crease. Urban Decay does mattes so well, I wish they'd include them in palettes more!

I really do love this palette. I find myself reaching for it on days when I don't want to be particularly creative with my makeup. I'm just going through the motions and I want to put on something that I know looks good. I still like the color selection and shadow quality of Naked 2 better than the original Naked, though.

My comparison post is coming up, thanks for sticking around!

6 comments:

  1. I love the Naked palette! I have them both, and I don't think I could choose between them if I had to... Thanks for the swatches, it's always fun to be reminded of how gorgeous these shades are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sidecar! I have it on today and I look damn fine, lol. But then I don't love the shades others do in this palette, so I totally get what you mean:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I'm wearing eyeshadows from this palette today! I like Sidecar, but there is some fallout. Virgin is my absolute favourite highlight colour of all time and now Urban Decay has finally released it on it's own. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This got me lovin' neturals as well. I agree, Sidecar is a b*tch. It is GORGEOUS, but last time I wore it to work, I ended up with glitter all over my face after about half an hour. I looked pretty weird, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. half baked is stalking me just so i'll buy it haha! this naked palette is my favorite, the second one didn't appeal me at all.
    and this is so close to my heart yet i haven't got it yet. but i probably will haha!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  6. now i'm really tempted to get one of naked palettes!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena