Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review: Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Foundation

Photobucket
Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Foundation in 010 Vanilla.

I honestly don't know why I keep falling for the hype of new gimmicky products. The newest Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Foundation was a real disappointment, and I'll show you why.

Photobucket
Here's the valve that the product dispenses out of. That's actually not my chief complaint. The dispenser of the product actually works, and it's pretty sanitary, but it's tricky figuring out how much pressure you should put on the mechanism to dispense just the right amount of product that you need.

Photobucket
It comes out looking like this; like mousse that you'd put on your hair.

All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
Photobucket
And then it smooths down into this, which makes it tough to tell how much you really need. I usually end up getting too much.

Photobucket
But honestly, the texture of the product is only a minor complaint compared to how it works on my face. This is the foundation on my cheek. As you can see, it's shimmer city. I suppose if you were going to dress as a Stephenie Meyer vampire (to say simply 'vampire' would be an insult to vampires everywhere) this foundation would be appropriate, as it certainly makes you glitter.

Photobucket
But I could probably even live with the glitteryness if it weren't for THIS. (I'm sorry, I know this is kinda gross. But unfortunately the truth isn't always pretty.) This foundation streaks, collects in pores and gathers at every imperfection and wrinkle on your face, putting it on display. Not good. The coverage is actually decent, I'd say it's medium coverage.

Photobucket
Here's my whole face with the foundation plus powder. I had to splash my face with powder to take down the glitteryness, which I normally hate doing. I'm a light powder kinda gal. With my camera it looks okay from far away, but the closer you get, the more I cringe. *shudder*

Sorry Revlon, but this foundation is a no go for me. I found the texture interesting and the dispenser handy, if difficult to adjust to, but it just makes my face look like glittery crap. I could only see this working on someone very young who has perfect skin, in which case they don't need it anyway.

I hope that was helpful! I'm honestly not sure what I'll do with this foundation. I've mixed it with other foundations and it's useable that way, but I'll probably just swap it. Why use up something I can't stand?

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review on this. I don't think I've seen any good reviews on this foundation. I get sucked into the gimmicks too :( LOVE the rest of your makeup! Your eyes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks peach! the bad thing is, i read all the negative reviews, and sometimes i'll decide to give it a try anyway! i don't know why that is! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm too bad about this mousse foundation, but i kind of understand how disappointed you are. i have the photofinish foundation from revlon, and i really like it. but it's shimmer in it as well, but not that much. but i covers real well, so why not take a sample of it?//Azure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking, the reviews of the original Photoready are so much more positive than this version. Maybe it's just a dud? :)

      Delete
  4. OH MY, the way it comes out looking all bubbly is scary! Great review, I will definitely be staying away from this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice jobs !!!... I still get my Airbrush Tshirt at AIRBRUSH REVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
  6. same thing happened to me with this foundation! terrible!!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena