Sunday, January 15, 2012

Maybelline Eyeshadow Swatch Dump

Hi ladies! My hard drive crashed a while ago, you may remember. And I lost all my swatches of my Maybelline eyeshadows. So recently I worked up the nerve to just do them again. So I did them ALL. It took forever. Well, editing the pics took the longest. But they're finally ready. Here they are in a big glob. I also started doing my swatches in a new way. I think I like it better, but please let me know what you think.

If something was limited edition, I've marked it with (LE) in the swatch photo. I hope that's clear enough. I'll have some overall thoughts at the end of the post.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


A word of caution: those Color Explosion eyeshadows? The 5 pans with the X design and the pretty glitter on top? I'd strongly advise you not to buy them. I know they look really really pretty. Trust me, I know. But they're weird. They apply patchy, and blend away to nothing at the slightest touch with your brush. If you do manage to get and keep some of the color on, it fades during the day. I haven't figured out a way to make these work yet. I suspect you'd have to use them on top of an extremely sticky base. But UDPP is sticky, isn't it? And that's what I used. *smh* I honestly don't know how they can look so beautiful when swatched but apply so poorly.

The Eye Studio quads are nicer in formula than the Color Explosion palettes even though the texture is about the same, I will say.

The standard Expert Wear (including the Stylish Smokes) is my favorite from Maybelline. These are pretty much my HG eyeshadows. I like them even more than some of my high end shadows, like MAC or Urban Decay. I wore Natural Smokes for like 3 weeks straight once because I literally didn't want to do anything else. They are among the best eyeshadows at the drugstore in terms of pigmentation and texture.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a ton of Maybelline shadows! I don't think I own any.... Great swatches and thanks for your thoughts on the palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've done these swatches. So many pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the Colour Explosion palettes and they applied really well on me. It's funny how things work so differently on different people! It's kind of like the whole Wet N Wild thing, people rave about their palettes but I don't really like them. Great swatches, I have a bunch of these floating around in my stash. Maybelline is my go-to drugstore brand.

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena