Saturday, January 21, 2012

Avon Haul & Swatches

Would you believe I've never tried a single Avon makeup product except for a few nail polishes? Well, recently curiosity overcame me and I placed an order.

The first thing that I noticed was how cheap Avon is! I mean, their prices are generally 2 to 3 dollars cheaper than standard drugstore prices, and in some cases even more! So they're definitely budget friendly. But time will tell if the products stand up! Let me show you what I got:

Photobucket
Avon Super Shock Mascara & Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner in Black Ice. (Nail polish is Milani Totally Cool.) These were pick 2 for $8.99. I haven't tried the mascara yet but The Peach certainly makes it look good!


Photobucket
Avon Moisture Seduction lipglosses in Violet Beauty (top) and Glimmering Champagne (bottom). These are $2.99 each. Aren't they beautiful?? They have swirls of all different colors in the tube! There's both creams & shimmery colors in there.

Photobucket
All photos and text © Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup 2012. All rights reserved. Please do not copy or republish this material without written permisson. If you're reading this anywhere other than femputer-makeup.blogspot.com it has been stolen.
Photobucket
Avon True Color Blush in Coral Radiance (top) and Classic Aura (bottom). $5.99 each.

Photobucket
Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color in (from left to right) Tropical Peach, Mandarin Glow, & Pink Melon. I love blush sticks!!! These are $5.00 each.

That's what I got. I got free shipping and spent a grand total of $45.73 with tax. I got 9 products! If I'd gotten similar products at the drugstore I probably would've spent almost twice that.

Now for some swatches:

Photobucket
Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner in Black Ice. I know it just looks like silver sparkles in my swatch, but the sparkles are actually multi-colored. It's very pretty. This eyeliner glides on my skin so nicely. I'm always afraid that the twist up mechanism in these eyeliners won't work (because they often don't) so I usually twist them a bit when I first get them. To my surprise this one twisted up and down just fine!

Photobucket
Avon Moisture Seduction lipglosses in Glimmering Champagne (top) and Violet Beauty (bottom). Glimmering Champagne just looks like a beautiful nude gloss. I wore Violet Beauty yesterday and while the pigmentation didn't seem as intense as it looks in this swatch (probably due to being blended out on my lips) it felt smooth and soft and was comfortable to wear. They both have a faint fruit scent that is pleasant. They aren't very sticky at all. They don't create that annoying white goop at the corners of your mouth that I find a lot of lipglosses tend to do. These are nice and I'd like to get the other colors!

Photobucket
Avon True Color Blushes in Classic Aura (left) & Coral Radiance (right). Coral Radiance is not as pigmented as I would have liked. Maybe it's because it's such a light color? But Classic Aura, I LOVE! It's the perfect neutral matte pink. I wore it yesterday as well and it goes on so nicely and blends well. It gave me the most beautiful glow! I love Classic Aura. It has a perfect name as well.

Photobucket
Avon Be Blushed Cheek Color in (from left to right) Tropical Peach, Mandarin Glow, & Pink Melon. It's odd, Tropical Peach & Mandarin Glow, despite looking so different in the tubes, are essentially the same color in the swatch! Tropical Peach has shimmer that you can see in person that Mandarin Glow does not. Pink Melon is more shimmery than I thought it would be. Not sure if I like it. I have not worn these yet so I can't give any insight as to how they perform.

So there's my haul! What do you think of my choices? What do you like from Avon? Know of any must haves?

About other things: You've probably noticed I'm watermarking my pictures now. I didn't want to ever have to do that, but now it seems like I don't have much choice. I'm trying to place them in such a way that they would be hard to edit out but it still doesn't disrupt you seeing the product. Please give me your feedback, if any, on this.

I know my pictures are broken on almost all my posts now. I apologize, and I'll be fixing them, albeit slowly. I just couldn't stand seeing my pics on that other blog any longer so I deleted my Photobucket album. It probably didn't bother anyone but me...but...well, it bothered me.

Thanks for reading, friends! My blog is small and humble, and I know I don't post as regularly as I should, but I do love it and I love my readers! *hugs to all*
/end sentimental mush

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you haven't really tried any Avon before! I love their polishes and mascaras! Can't wait to see what you think of the SuperShock. And I'm a huge fan on the Diamonds eyeliners also!

    After seeing your last post, I've really need to start marking my pics. I still can't believe someone was stealing your pics like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the items you've chosen! I have that eyeliner and I'm quite impressed with it. Also, some of my absolute favourite lip glosses are from Avon: the Glazewear ones. So many varieties, too. It sucks that you have to watermark you images, but they're your hard work so I guess you have to protect yourself. It definitely bugged me to see your entire posts stolen and used on another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I want everything you got! Someone was stealing your photos? D: *goes to stalk your post* I'm too lazy to watermark my photos, I hope people don't steal them.....I did have an original short story of mine stolen by an online friend once, her friend posted it on her website and then didn't believe me, claiming that she was there when said friend wrote it. Thankfully the website took it down. >__>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I have never been that into Avon, but as you said, after seeing that Mascara on The Peach you almost have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well they all look super fab! haha and great swatch with the eyeliner, writing your blog name!
    but heck, they look so sparkly, I want them all!

    and feel free to watermark as much as you like, I hate when people use others photos, without asking or just steal them for their own benefit. so I'm really feeling you on that point! we've watermarked since the beginning for that reason!/Azure

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena