Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Review: Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters

Hi ladies! I wanted to show you the newest addition to my lipstick collection tonight because there's quite a bit of buzz about these going around the blogosphere. Yep, I succumbed to the Lip Butters.

Click the image to make it bigger!

From left to right: Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parfait, Lollipop, Candy Apple.

You might notice that I consider these to be 'lipsticks.' They are called Lip Butters which brings to mind a lip balm. But these puppies pack quite a punch of pigment! They're so pigmented that I can't help but place them in the lipstick category in my collection.

Strawberry Shortcake and Peach Parfait are the lightest and most wearable colors I purchased. Strawberry Shortcake is a very light cool toned pink. Peach Parfait is the only one I have that has noticeable shimmer in it, it's a very pretty gold shimmer. I don't know what it is about peach-with-gold-shimmer lip products, I just think they're super flattering and I have a similar color in almost every lipstick brand I own.

Lollipop is a very bright pink. It's super pretty. Candy Apple is a gorgeous orangey-red. These two pack the most pigment of the 4 shades I have.

One thing I did notice about these, especially with the lightest color, Strawberry Shortcake, is that it highlights every flake of dry skin on your lips. It's something about the pigment in it, it's almost...chalky? I know that's the wrong word but I can't think of any other way to put it. I think your lips have to be in good condition before you wear these.

The good thing, however, is that these do treat your lips right. They feel very moisturizing. The texture is nice and smooth when I rub my lips together. So you don't have to worry about drying out your lips by wearing these.

On the other hand, the staying power of the color is not good. I think I got about 2 hours of wear, tops. The darker colors fare better because they stained my lips a bit.

I love the packaging of these, it's very chic. They look like a high end lipstick to me. Revlon always does well in the packaging area in my opinion.

So, in sum, I do like these very much and I'm happy to own them. Are they the best thing since sliced bread? No, not really, but they are very nice. I think lipstick junkies will be pleased. Just be aware that your lips should be in good shape before wearing, and you'll have to reapply often.

I hope that was helpful! Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Everytime I see a new set of swatches for these I find another I want that I hadn't noticed before! This time I find myself lusting after Peach Parfait and Candy Apple Red :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm behind on the hype over these things. I am just now catching up! Colors look pretty, but I'm not that much of a lipstick junkie. Thanks for the review, it was helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. candy apple was such a nice colour! I could definitely wear this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must get Strawberry Shortcake! I have Peach Parfait and it's like a YLBB (your lips but better) shade for me :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena