Sunday, November 6, 2011

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Lipbalm

I'm taking a break from my lipstick collection series to post a review on the new Maybelline Baby Lips lipbalm.

I have 2 of them, Quenched (the clear stick in blue packaging) and Grape Vine (the purple stick in teal packaging). The packaging is really cute, I like the way they look. They both smell very good. Quenched just smells fruity and Grape Vine smells like grapes. They feel a bit waxy when applied, but they seem pretty standard to any other lip balm in a tube. Grape Vine gives a very slight berry tint, but not much at all. Quenched gives no tint at all, of course.

My problem with these is they aren't moisturizing at all. When I apply them, I reach for the tube not 10 minutes later because my lips feel parched and dry again, and they feel even worse than when I first put the balm on! I have Quenched on my desk, and I use it constantly (mainly because I'm trying to use up the tube). I feel like when I sit at my computer I'm slicking the balm on every 10 minutes, and my lips are no better for the experience. They may even be worse. I feel like it's one of those addictive balms. It feels good when you first put it on but then it wears off immediately, causing you to want to apply it again.

I honestly can't recommend these. Just because they don't work for me doesn't mean they might not work for you, though.

1 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these ones, but I've tried one of the balms they first came out with in similar packaging. It wasn't horrible but it made all these claims about restoring lips in 4 weeks using antioxidants and it did nothing :|

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena