Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Lipstick Collection: Revlon ColorBursts & Rimmel Moisture Renew

Hey all! Today I have a smaller section of my lipstick collection swatched for you. I have 2 Revlon ColorBursts and 2 Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks.
Click the image to make it bigger!

  • Revlon ColorBurst Soft Nude - This is my favorite nude lipstick ever! It's just the perfect nude shade on me, yet it doesn't look cakey or accentuate fine lines.
  • Revlon ColorBurst Mauve - Just a very classy mauve pink. Lovely creme finish.
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Fancy - I'll admit, this isn't my favorite. I bought it because the finish looked the same as the one next to it, Coral Shimmer. But it's not, it's very frosty. I kinda detest frost finishes on the lips. I don't know why, it just looks horrible on me and reminds me of the 80s.
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew Coral Shimmer - Please ignore how patchy and weird this looks swatched, it doesn't come out that way on the lips. This is one of my favorite every day lipstick colors. It's just a gorgeous coral pink with gold shimmer. It doesn't look frosty, just golden and glowy and pretty.
Tangent: I can't figure out why golden shimmer in lipsticks is pretty to me, but silver shimmer = FROSTINESS which I hate. *shrug*

As to formula, the Revlon ColorBursts are quite similar to the Maybelline Color Sensationals, only they don't feel quite as rough on your lips. The formula is very creamy and glides on. But I don't feel like they dry out my lips out like the Maybellines do.

The Rimmel Moisture Renews are very moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The 2 shades I have contain obvious shimmer and you can feel a slight grit when you rubs your lips together. But the surrounding formula is so nice and moisturizing that I can forgive this.

Whew! I still have several sections of my lipstick collection to go, including my all time most favorite lipsticks ever, so stay tuned! (Can you believe I have this many lipsticks? I feel slightly sick when I think about it.)

1 comments:

  1. I have Soft Nude and love it! :) I also have Fuchsia and that's a lovely shade too. I only have 2 in the Rimmel Moisture Renew Formula and I have Nude Delight and Coral Queen. Nude Delight is possibly my favourite nude lipstick ever!

    Thanks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena