Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Lipstick Collection: ELF $1 Lipsticks

Click the image to make it bigger!

SO. BURNED. OUT. I'm actually tired of lipsticks. *Sigh* Only a few more posts to go. I can do this!

So, quickly:

ELF $1 lipsticks are pretty awesome. I find the formula to be very similar to the mineral lipstick line that I talked about here. Same smooth balm-like quality, nice application, feels great on. I feel this range has a greater shade variance, though. All the mineral ones seems to have that same warm golden shimmer to the colors. You get lovely cremes in the $1 range.

Classy is supposed to be a dupe for a MAC lipstick, but I forget which one. Maybe Angel?

As you can see, the colors are beautiful. Posh is a gorgeous red, love that one.

My only beef with these is the packaging. I know it's only a dollar, and the packaging of ELF's $1 range tends to suck. But these are especially cheap. Mine are actually hard to twist up, and I feel like the lids are either going to get stuck and I'll injure the lipstick taking it off, or they'll be so loose they'll just come off randomly. But if you can get past the play makeup style packaging, I think these are a really fun addition to any lipstick collection. And hey, they're only a dollar. I could see these being fun to play with depotting and putting them in a palette or something. And if you mess them up you're not out much money.

Ciao for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena