Thursday, October 6, 2011

Swatches & Mini Review of Cherry Culture Haul part 2

Sorry the second part has been so delayed! I've been busy/lazy and whatnot. So last time we went over the liners & jumbo pencils from my Cherry Culture haul, this time we'll cover the lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes & shadow primers. So let's get going!

Photobucket
From left to right: Jordana Matte Lipsticks in Natural, Nude & Berry. LA Colors Matte Lipsticks in Purple Passion, Cranberry Red, & Strawberry.

I'm confused as to why these lipsticks are called 'matte' when none of them are! Well, the Jordanas definitely come closer than the LA Colors. Purple Passion is a straight up shimmer, nothing matte about it. I honestly haven't worn these on my lips yet, so I can't provide any review other than these swatches, sorry. :( I can say that the Jordana lipsticks smell faintly of playdough, but it's not unpleasant! They're very pretty colors, that's for sure.


Photobucket
From left to right: NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skintone (oddly orange), Jordana Eyeshadow Base (oddly lilac), LA Colors Mineral blushes in Autumn & Very Berry.

I've tried both eyeshadow bases, and I'm sorry to report it was crease city within a couple of hours with both of them. :( I'm so upset. I really wanted them to work. Especially that Jordana one, it seemed so tacky and sticky, like it would really hold on shadow well. But they just don't. I only tried them with shimmery shadows, though. I plan to put them through more testing with matte shadows. Has anyone noticed that shimmer shadows have a tendency to crease more than matte shadows? They do on me anyway. Will update on this.

The LA Colors blushes, I can't say enough good things about them. I've been moaning and groaning lately that blushes always fade on me. I had kind of forgotten about my LA Colors blushes, but one day I pulled them out of my drawer and wore them for a week straight. And the color is still there when I get home from work! They really last. They're quite amazing. They are insanely pigmented. They apply and blend well, too. I want to collect all the colors. I picked these two because I wanted some dark plummy colors for fall, and they certainly fit the bill. I can almost forgive LA Colors for the next monstrosity I'm going to show you because of these blushes.


Photobucket
First three: Water Lily. Second three: Passion Flower

Photobucket
First three: Magnolia. Second three: Peony.

Photobucket
Marigold.

These are the LA Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow Palettes. I have some other trios from LA Colors that I got at the Dollar Tree, and they pretty much look like this except they don't have the flower design in the shadow. Plus, those plain trios are decent eyeshadows. THESE ARE CRAP. Don't let the pretty colors up there fool you. This was me slopping the shadow on with a trowel just to get the damn color to show up. These were so sheer and unpigmented and just generally terrible. If you compare them to how they look in the pans in my post here you'll see what I mean. I don't get it. I know LA Colors can do eyeshadow better than this. I have some that are yards better, for crying out loud. *shakes head*

So that's it for my overview of my Cherry Culture haul. I hope you found something new to lem, or maybe this was helpful in helping you stay away from a problem product.

Have a good night!

1 comments:

  1. I'm so disappointed that the LA Colors palettes don't show up, because your swatches of Peony are amazing! D; I do like the look of Jordana Natural and Nude and the LA Colors Cranberry Red lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena