Sunday, October 9, 2011

Swatches: The good LA Colors trios

Hi all! I thought I'd post my swatches of what I consider to be the 'good' LA Colors trios, to prove that LA Colors does indeed make some nice eyeshadow. I needed to remind myself of that after the terribleness that was the flower imprinted trios that I got from Cherry Culture. These look just like the others in the pan except there is no flower imprint on the shadows.


Photobucket
I'm doing these in reverse order, these two were what I considered to be the worst of the bunch, and they're not actually that bad, really. They just applied patchier than the other colors. The burgundy in Tiki Punch was the patchiest.


Photobucket
The green in Lemon Grove wasn't great in pigmentation, but still workable. I just love Boardwalk! That vibrant orange is yummy. That trio of colors makes me think of fall and candy corn.


Photobucket
I highly recommend picking up Grassy Knoll if you like greens. My swatch here doesn't really do them justice, but that olive on the right is divine! I love the middle bronzey color in Sand Dune.


Photobucket
These last two are my absolute favorites. Such pretty colors, such vibrant pigmentation. As you've probably noticed, LA Colors tends to have repeat colors in their palettes. This seems pretty common for them. I don't mind too much, especially since I only paid a dollar for each of these. Ooh, that purple & those teals in Southern Belle! Yum!

What do you think? Have you seen these non-flowered trios at your local Dollar Store?

4 comments:

  1. The colors in the Southern Belle palette look amazing! And I would have bought Grassy Knoll because of the name. I have this odd obsession with grassy knolls.... don't ask! :) Great find at the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Want the last two *____* that purple and blue in Southern Belle.....stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great swatches you have photographed. My dollar store is usually not great with the makeup section! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some awesome colours. I'm really impressed with the colour payoff!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena