Saturday, October 15, 2011

FOTD: Long Live Brunette

OHAI. How are you? I'm good! There's been a major change and I love it!

Since my hair has never been the focus of my blog, I'll tell you what kind of hair I had until last weekend. I had very very long dirty blonde hair. I hadn't had a haircut in like 3 years. It was almost waist length. I knew a haircut was in order, I just had to make myself go do it. So I did, and I got it cut very short, chin length, actually.

But that's not all! Have a look:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I colored it a lovely dark chocolate brown! I've thought for a long time that my natural hair color doesn't do much for me. And since I just got it cut I figured it'd be the perfect time to go darker! Please excuse the eyebrows in the above pics, I hadn't quite got the coloring right yet. They look quite red. I think I've got a good color match now, however.

What do you think? Surprisingly my husband and daughter love it. Everybody at work did a double take when they saw me! Some thought another person was sitting in my cube, haha! But it's pretty unanimous that everyone likes it! And I like it, which is the most important thing. :D It's give and take though, I'm having to relearn how to style hair, because previously I just washed it and brushed it and that was it, lol. But I got to the point where I can actually recreate what the stylist did. I can also put some gel in it and let it air-dry and go for a natural curly look as my hair tends to wave anyway.

So about the FOTD, I have no idea what I used, except for one thing. Sorry :( And I have to tell you about this one thing because it is so pretty! It's by Hard Candy, and it's their Eye Def Glitter Eyeshadow in Liar. It's in a neat test tube like container. It's a gold glitter in a murky blackened green base, which sounds gross, but is so pretty! I'm wearing it in the above pics, and I loved it! I like the formulation of it because you don't have to worry about fall out, this is a sticky glitter that you can just pat on. You should check them out!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the hair! Both the cut and color look great! And your makeup is beautiful too! I have been wanting to cut my hair short again. But I have been making an effort to grow it out for a while. Still not sure why! Short hair is some much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great. It's such a lovely, rich colour. Adore that eyeshadow, too!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena