Saturday, September 3, 2011

Abbamart Haul & First Impressions

I recently found out about a website, called Abbamart, that sells very inexpensive makeup brushes and other beauty related supplied like cosmetic jars. Their single brushes are insanely cheap. Their face brushes are all under $7ish, and their eye brushes are all under $4. Most of the eye brushes are a mere $2 or less. Insanely cheap. Now, if you subscribe to the theory that you get what you pay for, you might be curious as to the quality of these brushes. I sure was. We shall see...

My order shipped so fast, I was pretty amazed. I ordered the 31st (Wednesday) and received it today, the 3rd (Saturday). Everything was packaged nicely in bubble wrap and some very special extras were included, which I'll show you in a bit.

I ordered:
  • Sable Point Eyeliner $2.30
  • Fluffy Blending Brush $2.00
  • Flat Eye Defining Brush $2.20
  • White Goat Eyeshadow Brush $2.20
  • Stackable Cosmetic Jars (stack of 5) $1.80
My order total was $14.25 with shipping. Not bad, right?

Photobucket
From left to right: fluffy blending brush, white goat eyeshadow brush, sable point eyeliner, flat eye defining brush, brow & lash comb (an extra!)

Photobucket
The stackable jars. They seem very solid. I'm not sure what I'll use them for yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something! They're so cheap!

Photobucket
The sable point eyeliner brush. I got this because I don't have a straight eyeliner brush. I mostly rely on angled & bent liner brushes. I haven't used this yet, but it seems very good. It's pretty stiff. There's a few hairs going off at angles, but that may smooth out when you actually put product on it. The handle and ferrule seem very sturdy and solid.

Photobucket
Photobucket
The flat eye defining brush. I don't have a brush like this either. I figured I could use it for tightlining or putting shadow or liner under the lower lashline. I'm very impressed with this brush so far. The bristles are very very soft, but it's nice and firm across the plane of it. The handle and ferrule are sturdy and solid.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The white goat eyeshadow brush. Hello MAC 217 dupe! This brush is awesome, I'm in love with it already. It looks like one of those indispensable crease brushes. It's soft with a good sturdy handle and ferrule.

Photobucket
Photobucket
The fluffy blending brush. This brush had some hairs hanging off at weird angles, unfortunately, but it is very soft, and I think it'd be a good blending brush. Sturdy handle and ferrule, just like the others.

Photobucket
In case you can't read that, it says 'you are beautiful' in a really pretty lowercase script. It was included in my package. It's written on the back of a piece of pretty wrapping paper. I saw it and nearly started crying! I showed it to my husband, and he said, and I quote: "awwww." It reminds me of Operation Beautiful. If you're not familiar with that website, it's basically a sort of movement to uplift women and make them feel good by leaving random notes, usually in womens' restrooms. I just think it's incredibly sweet and thoughtful of the person doing up packages to take their time to write this little note. So thank you, Abbamart employee. Your thoughtfulness is much appreciated. I think any woman could benefit from a little lift like this.

That wasn't the last extra, though! Also included was a giftcode for $2.00 off my next order! Which, based on their prices, is basically a free eye brush!

With all that said, I haven't actually used any of these brushes yet, but my first impressions of them, and the website, are very positive. I'm definitely ordering again. I'm going for some face brushes next time!

What do you think? Have you ever heard of Abbamart? Think you might order something?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I have never heard of Abbamart before. I'm going to have to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Abbamart , but the brushes looks pretty good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Abbamart, I'll have to check them out! Hopefully they ship internationally, because I could always use more fluffy blending brushes in my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ordered from Abbamart on several occasions. I have to say, I am never disappointed. They have great products all around. I know someone who works for Abbamart, and so I know that when they have a product that is less than perfect, they won't sell it. Only good quality!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena