Saturday, August 20, 2011

Review & Swatches: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbelized Eyeshadow

Hi ladies. I have a little review for you today of some eyeshadow that's been in stores for quite some time: the Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbelized Eyeshadows. (Could that name get any longer?)

I don't have all the shades (you'll know why when I get to the review) but here's the product pics of the shades I do have.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

They look very pretty, right? Very similar to MAC's popular mineralize duos. Let's see how they swatch.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

They don't swatch very impressively, to be honest. There's a few good pairs in there, but on the whole I'm not wowed. The colors look so pretty in the pan but some of them just don't seem to translate in the swatch. They get muddy and don't really look as multi-dimensional as they should. Upon my initial testing, I decided that Khaki Craze and Mocha Mirage are my favorites as they have the strongest pigmentation and beautiful color. They come out very nice when swatching as well.

Then I remembered that these types of shadows are intended to be used wet, maybe that will improve their pigmentation? So I tried applying wet the 4 that I thought were lackluster, and here's the result:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, they do improve, but they're still kinda 'bleh' in my book. The only one I took note of this time was Carbon Frost. The black side comes out beautifully wet, it has multi-colored sparkles in it a la Fyrinnae's Immortal that is gorgeous. Unfortunately my camera couldn't pick up on this. And the silvery side is one of my favorite types of colors, those silvery taupey kinda dirty colors. I just think they're so pretty. Thus Carbon Frost is added as a favorite of these 6.

Honestly if you've got a really large makeup collection with lots of high end shadows, I think you could skip these. But if you must partake, I recommend Carbon Frost, Mocha Mirage & Khaki Craze.

Hope that was helpful!

*added to Swatch Library

1 comments:

  1. Sometimes the darkest of shades turn out to be light when applied. Thanks for sharing the review. The products seem good. Hope they produce a good result too.

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena