Friday, August 26, 2011

my favorite eyeshadow brush: $1.50 at big lots!

Hi all. I'm kinda bummed because about a week ago my hard drive crashed, and like an idiot, I hadn't backed up my pictures recently. So I lost a TON of swatch pictures. I had all my Maybelline eyeshadows swatched, but they're gone now. :( My hubby tried to revive the hard drive, but it was gone. So I'm pretty much starting over. Thank goodness I still have a lot of stuff in my Swatch Library. If only I'd uploaded/backed up the pics I hadn't edited yet. *sigh*

Anyway, I'm trying not to dwell on that too much. I have a little bargain oriented post for you tonight, and I wanted to tell you about one of my favorite eyeshadow brushes ever.

You guys may remember, I think it was about a year ago, that Walmart had all these new brushes in the blue packaging? People were going nuts over them, especially the 'HD' ones with the two-toned hairs. Anyway, back then, I noticed a wee little eyeshadow brush that was kind of lost amidst all the new brushes. It was like $3, and it looked nice, so I bought it. I quickly discovered that this is the most amazing brush ever.

Photobucket
Photobucket

In my mind this is exactly what the lovechild of a MAC 217 & 239 would look like. It's firm, wide and dense, good for packing color on the lid, yet also fluffy and tapered enough to blend out nicely. I can't tell you how many times I've used this brush to pack on my lid color then went straight to blending out the crease with it. It's very soft, and it's a favorite brush of mine.

Naturally after discovering it, I wanted more, so I went back to Walmart. And they didn't have them. :( I kept looking and looking. For months I took a quick gander at the brush section whenever I went to Walmart, just to see if they had the magical 217/239 lovechild brush. They never did. Finally I gave up and cherished the one I had.

Then I went to Big Lots tonight, and there was the magical lovechild brush! And they were a buck fifty each! So I bought 3. :D

Photobucket

Oh how I love Big Lots! You just never know what you'll find there.

Have you been to Big Lots lately? Spot any awesome deals?

1 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I'm not ever sure where the closest Big Lots to me would be... That sucks you lost pictures :(

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena