Sunday, August 7, 2011

EOTD: The Traditional Smokey Eye

This is a fabulous tutorial. I got inspired by it to try my hand at a smokey eye today.

Smokey eyes are one of my absolute favorite eye looks, but I tend to overdose on them. My idea of a perfect smokey eye means no pink showing in the waterlines, so I usually come away from application all red and watery and generally looking like I'm either high or hungover, or both. So that's always kind of a deterrent to doing a 'real' smokey eye. But sometimes...you just want a smokey eye, black waterline, red sensitivity and all.

I came out of the bathroom after putting this one on (yes, I frequently do just one eye) and my husband was like 'You have another color to put on, don't you? Or are you just going for...black?' *snort*

Anyway, here it is!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Products used:
UDPP
WnW Cream Eyeliner in black
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
Sugarpill Bulletproof
Ulta Milk Chocolate
Bobbi Brown Bone
Essence Black Mania mascara
WnW Color Icon liner in Taupe on brows

A couple more blurbs:
  • Man, Ulta overhauled their single shadows and I gotta tell you, they're pretty awesome! I picked up 4 with my 20% off coupon. They're $7 each. That Milk Chocolate is a lovely smooth matte. You gotta check out the shadow display next time you go, it's pretty impressive.
  • Shout out to the $3 Essence Black Mania mascara, what a surprisingly awesome mascara for so little money! I love it. It's got an awesome Maybelline Falsies-type spoon brush, and the formula is crazy black. It smears a bit on me but looks so hot applied I almost don't care. $3!
Thanks for reading, take care!

10 comments:

  1. very pretty, i love to do this eye makeup on my eyes..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome smokey eye! I tend ot go overboard on the smokey eye too! Its such a easy yet dramatic look! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous smokey eye! Really sexy! I'm laughing at your husband- men just don't "get" it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Haute_Style: No, they don't! Haha! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so nice, I always love a black smoky look on blue eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL silly man, doesn't he know this is like a makeup classic? :P very purrty. On the weekend I did a smokey eye without lining my waterline and I totally had the red eye thing going on. Couldn't be arsed to use liner though XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. This black smoky is sooooo gorgeous with your blue eyes !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE a dark smokey eye! I also enjoy that there is no waterline showing (I find this hard to do!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's stunning, you nailed it!

    I used to do one look on one eye and another on the other eye... man did not get it!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena