Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NYC IndividualEyes Smokey Browns palette: review, swatches, and EOTD

Hi ladies! I've got a little 3 in 1 for you today, all focusing on one palette from NYC: Smokey Browns!

I'll be honest, I've been kinda snobbing NYC eyeshadows, thinking they couldn't be very good at all. I usually look to Wet n Wild for my cheap thrill eyeshadows. But I couldn't pass the new Smokey palettes up! They looked great, so I nabbed all three available. Here's a swatch and pic of Smokey Browns:

Photobucket
Photobucket
(all swatched over primer included with palette)

The eyeshadows are rather inconsistent. The first 2, the grey and taupe are very pigmented and have a lovely texture. The last 2 are a matte purple and a matte black with added sparkle, and they aren't all that great. A bit chalky and lacking in pigmentation. While they don't exactly stack up to my beloved WnW shadows, I find them to be on par with other drugstore palettes such as Maybelline or L'Oreal.

Though they're disappointing on the hand, let's see how they stack up on the eye!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(OMG! Do you see that? ^^^ That's it! THE ANGLE. KelleyRie has this particular manner of taking pictures of her eyes that's angled like this and it always looks so beautiful and flattering, and it shows off the eyeshadow and liner well. I've been trying for months to replicate it! Now I have and I can't remember exactly what I did to get this. :-/)

Oooooh. You like? I do! Despite being somewhat disappointing on my hand these shadows pulled off a smokey outer V look quite nicely, I think! I used the primer that comes with the palette. It is actually a serviceable primer, but I don't think it holds up as long as UDPP. The only other products I used in addition to the NYC shadows are ELF Black Cream Eyeliner, WnW Brulee as a highlight, Ebay falsies, and mascara of course.

I think this is a decent palette and well worth the $5 I paid for it.

Do you have any NYC eyeshadow? What do you think of them?

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE those falsies! Gorgeous, also love the look you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing smokey eye with this palette! And awesome job on the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous eye look! I think the purple shade looks really pretty, despite being a bit chalky

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a $5 palette it does a really pretty smokey indeed, looks fab with your eye colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I really like this, the eyeshadows look great with your eye colour, and the falsies and liner really complete the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooo pretty!
    i clicked on your profile because i saw this gorgeous eye makeup!
    i have a pakette just like that but i didnt know how to use it!hehe

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena