Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day Swatches

Hi ladies! We're experiencing blizzard like conditions here in Oklahoma, which is very unusual! This is what the view from my front door looked like at about 1:30 today:
Photobucket

Yes, that's snow piled up in front of my door. Crazy, right?? The only other time I've seen snow like this is in my life was when I lived in upstate New York for about a year. This kinda stuff just doesn't happen in Oklahoma.

So, I took advantage of the snow day and did some swatches for you! It's kind of a mish mash, mostly stuff I've had for a while and kept meaning to swatch but never got around to it. This is kinda quick and dirty, but it's better than nothing, right? Let's just dive right in!

88 Matte Eyeshadow Palette
Warning, gigantor picture above! Click if you dare!

I've had this palette for quite some time. It took me pulling it out again to swatch it to make me remember just how great it is. There's some really good stuff here. I need to start using it again. This is the same palette you can find here but you can get it much cheaper (like, half price) if you look for it here. That's where I got mine. :)


Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Beethoven

Photobucket
Photobucket
Click swatch photo to enlarge.

From left to right we have: Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray, Tequila, Sinner, Rad Purple, Leather, and Galeano. This is what I got when I had Christmas gift cards burning holes in my pockets. I absolutely love it! The shadow quality is on par with Too Faced and Urban Decay. They are super pigmented and soft and creamy. I'd like to check out more Kat Von D palettes.


Urban Decay Naked Palette
Photobucket
Click on swatch photo to enlarge.

From left to right: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecare, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal, plus 24/7s Zero and Whiskey. Man, what do you even say about this thing anymore??? It's fantastic, one of the best beauty buys I've ever made.



Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette
Photobucket
Photobucket
Click swatch photo to enlarge.

From left to right, top to bottom: Soulmates, I Do, Un-Veil, Kiss the Bride, Cut the Cake, First Dance, Bouquet Toss, Honeymoon, Ever After. I continue to love Too Faced, and this palette is no exception.

Ahhh, eyeshadow makes me happy!

I hope you are all staying warm, and thanks for checking out my swatches. Have a good night!

8 comments:

  1. That is a ton of snow! And I hate snow! Hope you had a great snow day! What better to do than play with makeup! :)

    I have the 88 shimmer palette and have hardly ever used it. I need to pull it out. Love the Kat Von D palette! Great colors! And the Too Faced palette looks beautiful also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice swatches! I feel your pain with the cold and snow....I live in Canada and it has snowed a trillion feet of snow this winter I swear and today it was nearly -40 C (I don't know what that is in F) with the windchill!!! COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all these swatches - I may go to Sephora and check out the Kat Von D palette. It's so pretty. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the Too Faced one! I went to Sephora but they be all sold out. Even the tester was stolen lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Two Faced one is so pretty! I've never seen that before.

    It's so weird hearing Americans and Brits talk about snow and blizzards and being cold - it's the middle of Summer here in Australia and it's SOOOOOO hot. I've been melting into a puddle for the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow looks great! We'd love some of it here right now where it's temperatures of above 40C, we're literally melting!

    Your swatches look great, I'm lusting after Romantic Eye at the moment but it hasn't reached our shores yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowie! so much snow!! be safe girl :]

    I want that Kat Von D palette :D thanks for sharing all those swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swatches! Now I am lemming the naked palette as well...

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena