Friday, December 10, 2010

Review: LA Colors Mineral Blush

I was so surprised when I received my Cherry Culture haul recently, because after seeing everything I ordered, the thing I was most excited by was a blush! I am not much of a blush person, to be honest. When I began my makeup career, I had maybe 2 blushes. And even now I don't have many more than that. But these LA Colors Mineral Blushes are just too awesome, and I'm super excited to share them with you!

These blushes are $4.80 each on Cherry Culture, and were even cheaper with the 20% off sale. I found one blog containing swatches of a few of these, but it was in a different language. The swatches on Cherry Culture are, of course, horrid, and really don't represent the actual color at all. So I was mostly ordering blind. I ordered Tickled Pink, Sheer Bliss, and Harmony.

You can click to enlarge these. In fact, please do, because you have to see these up close.


They are all gorgeous, but check out a closeup of Sheer Bliss.
Photobucket
Do you see that gorgeous gold shimmer?! Doesn't this blush look like NARS Orgasm??? I don't own Orgasm, but OMG if this doesn't look like a great dupe!

Let's see how they swatch! You can click to enlarge this one as well.

They are SO pigmented! They're soft and blendable and not chalky in the least. Now, the gold shimmer in Sheer Bliss, while being very apparent in the pan, doesn't come out that way on your face. You can detect just a hint of glimmer, but it's not 'OMG DISCO BALL ON MY FACE,' you know? You can kind of see the 'glimmer' I'm talking about towards the top of the swatch.

Photobucket
The blushes open two ways, once over the product and a second compartment has a little brush and a mirror, as you can see above. The packaging is really minimalist but sleek looking, in my opinion. The only thing that bugs me is that I tend to open the brush compartment when I'm trying to open the blush compartment. You have to finesse it a little to open the part you want.

Photobucket
Here's a picture of it on my hand to give you an idea of the size. They're a very good size, I'd say. A big blush brush fits nicely in there with room to spare.

I suck at describing colors, but I'll give it a shot, in case the pictures don't help much. Tickled Pink is a bright hot pink, maybe like MAC's Pink Swoon or Dollymix. Tickled Pink shows up very matte. Sheer Bliss is very NARS Orgasm-like, as I mentioned. It's more of a warmer peach color. Harmony is a deeper almost berry-ish pink. Harmony has a bit of gold shimmer in the pan, but not as much as Sheer Bliss and you can't see any of it in the swatch.

So what do you think? I'm so excited about these! I've been wearing them every day since I got them, particularly Sheer Bliss. I was afraid that it would be too warm for my skin, but it actually looks great, much to my surprise. I've been putting it more along my cheekbones rather than on the apples of my cheeks, it kind of contours my face and makes it look glowy. I really want to get more of these. If only the swatches on Cherry Culture weren't so terrible! But if they're all as awesome as these three, I can't go terribly wrong, can I?

Thanks for looking! I hope you all have a great weekend. :)

7 comments:

  1. Sheer Bliss looks gorgeous! I forced my friend to buy the hottest pink blush from the range XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look gorgeous for so inexpensive!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, these look fab! I actually really like all the shades and the Sheer Bliss definitely looks like NARS orgasm! Nice find :) Such a bargain price too - one of my favourite blushes is only £1 so I bought 4 of them in case the company stops making them!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like great blushes! I think Sheer Bliss may be a dupe for Orgasm! I am such a blush whore, they are so addicting to me for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheer bliss is a great find, it caught my attention.
    What are the ingredients like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gone2RehabBRB: Here's the ingredient list=

    mica, mineral oil, ethylhexyl plmitate, magnesium stearate, dimethicone, silica, polybutene, bid-diglyceryl, polyacyladipate-2, zinc stearate, petrolatum, synthetic wax, tocopheryl acetate, methylparaben, propylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: iron oxides, titanium dioxide, D&C red 6, D&C red 7 CA lake, manganese violet, ultramarines.

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena