Friday, October 1, 2010

Oldie but goodie: Wet'n'Wild Ultimate Expressions eyeshadow palettes

This is the kind of thing I want to do regularly on this blog: post swatches and pics of products in my stash that I tend to forget about, but are no less amazing and lovely. Sometimes I need to shop my stash to remind myself that despite that new lemming I may be nursing, I've already got so much makeup that is gorgeous that I love, that I need to fall in love with again!

Here's a great example, the WnW Ultimate Expressions eyeshadow palettes. These aren't even available in drugstores anymore but I bet you could snag them online. These were the palettes WnW had before they redid their entire line and came out with the Color Icon stuff. (Which is also amazing, but not the focus of this post.) I have all 3 of them swatched for you.

Photobucket
Photobucket
As you can tell from the state of my palettes, they have been much used.

Photobucket
Here's Paradise Cove. I think it's my favorite of the 3, but I have a hard time choosing between this and Sand Castle. It's kind of like Paradise Cove is the 'cool' version of the palette, and Sand Castle is the warm version. I love the purple in this.

Photobucket
Ahh, Sand Castle. Love this one too. I can't remember if it's this one or Paradise Cove that has the MAC Satin Taupe dupe. Either way, they're fabulous. Soft, pigmented, blendable and gorgeous.

Photobucket
This is Fantasy Island and for some reason this palette did not attain the awesomeness of the other two. The pigmentation is kinda weak. I'm not sure why, WnW tends to be so consistent and reliable. Still pretty though. I actually really like the blues on the right.

So that's about it! Hope you guys have enjoyed shopping my stash with me! Maybe you'll get inspired to drag out your older palettes and fall in love with them again. :)

Have a great night!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE SAND CASTLE! Bronzes, coppers, and browns, my favorite :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so pretty, WnW makes some great shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather: Me too! :)

    Nina: They do indeed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the sand castle colours! Nice post - I do the same thing all the time; I'll be out buying new products only to find that I actually have stuff that's practically the same tucked away in a drawer somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All Made Up: I know right?!?! For instance, I keep seeing pics of Urban Decay's Naked palette, and I want it SOOO BAD! But I know I've got similar colors in my stash already! Urgh, it's maddening! ;)

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena