Tuesday, October 5, 2010

matte purple eotd

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Products used:
ELF $1 eyeshadow primer
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
88 matte eyeshadow palette
Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips gel liner in purple (came with the 'Green Eyes' trio)
Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips purple/black mascara duo, only used the black side

I'm really pleased with how this came out. I've been in such an eyeshadow rut lately, I feel like I can't create beautiful looks like so many of you do. Partly I feel like it's my face's fault because my eyes are hopelessly lopsided and they go downwards at the outer corner rather than up. Also I've been stuck in this thinking that I have to put shadow on in the same order every time. Without fail, I will put my lid color on, then my crease, then my highlight. Every single time! Then I was watching a youtube vid the other day where the guru put on her crease color first thing, and the lightbulb came on over my head and I thought 'Hey, I should try that!' So that's what I did with this eye look. I really think it helped me to outline my crease first without the lid color in the way to distract me. Plus I think it just looks better blended. I'm really going to try and do it that way more often.

Quick rave: I am in LOVE with the Physician's Formula gel liners and mascaras! They are so awesome! I already had an HG mascara, but PF duo mascara is seriously giving it a run for its money. I never expected to like the black side of that mascara as much as I do. Do you guys have any of the gel liners or mascaras? If not, you should totally get some! They are simply divine. The eyeshadow palettes in the 'POP' collection are kind of hit or miss, from what I hear, but the liners and mascaras are wonderful!

9 comments:

  1. I love purple eyeshadow looks for blue and green eyes! You have beautiful eyes. The NYX Jumbo in Milk is so good!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love the colours you've used, especially the purple in the crease. I know how you feel cos my eyes are more round than almond (every blogger seems to have the most gorgeous almond shaped eyes!!) so I find it hard to recreate a lot of the looks.

    P.S. I've heard so many people rave about the Physicians Formula liners but you cant buy them in the UK :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catanya: Thank you so much!

    All Made Up: Aww, that seriously sucks! :-[

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL. I bought 88 palettes (both original one and the shimmer one) long time ago and I haven't used them for a while. I thought the colours are too bright but when I saw your picture I felt like I am wasting them for not using! I give them a try again for sure. You have beautiful eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aya: Thank you so much! Those 88 palettes are somewhat overwhelming. I know I tend to stare at mine for a while going 'Uhhhh...' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey love all the colors you've used!! Great job!!Lovely blog!
    And yeah I'm following you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rakhshanda: Thank you so much! =^_^=

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the crease shade, and I'm jealous of your amazing eyelashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SilhouetteScreams: =^_^= Thank you so much! Castor oil ftw! :D

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena