Saturday, October 23, 2010

L'Oreal HiP duo swatches and gold EOTD

Good evening chicas! I have some swatches for you tonight. I love L'Oreal HiP duos, they're some of my favorite shadows in my collection. There are some 'problem children' in this bunch, namely the mattes, but on the whole they are pigmented and smooth and very lovely.

Oh, btw, if you're ever shopping for HiP duos and see some labeled 'Crystal Shadow', DON'T GET THEM. They're utter crap. I've got one sitting in my swap box, I didn't swatch it because it's not on the level of these other shadows. It was a hard, crunchy glitter with little pigment in it. Very difficult to work with.

Onward! Here's my ghetto DVD palette showing you all the duos I have.
Photobucket
Please excuse the dirtiness of my palette. =^_^=

And here's the swatches:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My two top favorites are Charged and Electrified. If you're only going to get a couple, these would be my recommendations. Charged looks fabulous with blue eyes, and Electrified has gorgeous neutral-ish colors that would look good on anyone.

Also, a lovely reader, Rakhshanda, requested that I do a gold EOTD. I was more than happy to oblige. :) It took me a while, but I did one on Friday. Whenever I think gold on the eyes, I usually think of Egyptian cat eye liner. So this is what I came up with!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh! This was using the Gilded HiP duo. I guess that's important to mention. :D

What do you think?

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. See ya later!

8 comments:

  1. As always I'm dying of jealousy! We have a very limited range of L'oreal products, and they're much pricier than in the US.
    I'd pay through my nose for those duos if only I could buy them :|
    There's always the eshops but it's such a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE L'Oreal hip! But ever since I discovered indie makeup, I've been ignoring them. You've just made me realize I need to revisit those lovelies. :D Gorgeous swatches, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Gorgeous!! Very lovely colors on you!
    I have one of the HiP duos, one of the blues, I got it ages ago. I kinda stashed it away and forgot about it because unless you use a primer, they don't show up well at all (at least not on my native skin) and I got it long before I knew such a thing as e/s primer existed :P
    I may just have to dig it out and give it another shot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwww they all are gorgeous!!! Your eyes look great....You've got such a great collection of eye shadows...Awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THAT COLOUR COMBO OMG. The gold is *stunning* on you! Charged, Gilded and Flamboyant look awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely look ! I like the gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont think you can buy these in the UK cos I've definitely never seen them in any of the L'Oreal sections! Lovely swatches and the gold shade you're wearing is gorgeous!

    I've only very recently become a fan of the L'Oreal eye shadows cos I bought a gold-ish trio designed for hazel eyes and it's awesome! :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. O_O Wow, thank you guys for all your sweet comments! I think this is the most comments I've ever had to approve upon logging in and it really makes me feel good! You ladies are all so sweet and kind.

    I do feel bad for you guys that don't have access to all the stuff we do in the US. In my makeup fantasies there's a giant makeup store just around the corner from every makeup junkie's house, and it sells every brand in the world! Very cheap, too. Haha! But do know that there are some brands I don't have access to that I want! Namely Sleek and Gosh and MUA. So, you're not alone. :)

    And hey, it's Jennie! Hi Jennie! Jennie is my only IRL friend who's into makeup like I am. :D

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena