Monday, October 18, 2010

eBay purple brush set

I recently bought a brush set off eBay from this seller: glamlabel. The set shipped from Hong Kong. I paid for it on 10/7 and received it today, 10/18. So 11 days travel time. That's not bad, really. And considering I paid $14, shipping included, I'd say it's pretty darn good.

The brushes come in this nice little purple rolled bag:
Photobucket
and looks like this when opened:
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
There are 16 brushes in all.
  • big fluffy powder brush
  • smaller rounded blush brush
  • smaller angled blush brush
  • fan brush
  • spoolie
  • spongetip
  • brow & lash brush
  • lip brush
  • fine tip liner brush
  • angled liner brush
  • and 6 flat 'shader' brushes of various sizes (one is probably meant to be a concealer brush)
The bigger brushes came with a brush guard, like this:
Photobucket

A closeup of the big powder brush:
Photobucket

A closeup of the fan brush:
Photobucket

And one of the shader brushes:
Photobucket

My initial reaction upon getting my paws on this set were, and I quote: "OMG SO FREAKING SOFT." They are! I could barely tell I was pressing the big powder one against my arm. I haven't applied product with these yet but I'm itching to. I have a feeling they'll do the job juuuust fine.

I think these are a great buy and I'm glad I got them. And do you not just love the color?? They're purple! Isn't that awesome? I would totally recommend this seller, as well.

What do you think?

Have a good night, everyone! :)

9 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! I love the purple, it's like the Urban Decay Big Buddha brush.

    RE: matte shadows- For me, my pressed matte shadows have as much fallout as regular shadows when I apply them, but my matte loose shadows seem to have a lot less fallout. I think it's just because they have less glitter and aren't as powdery as normal shadows. I just got the whole sample set of Aromaleigh mattes so I'll make sure to tell you about the results when I try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg so cute and so inexpensive! :D WANT

    I have an obscene amount of brushes, but I might buy these anyway ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want I want I want! Honestly I'd gladly buy these just because of the colour! I reckon it's sooo hard to tell the quality of brushes from pics so I'm looking forward to your review.

    Oh and i love how they come in their own roll - very handy :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was torn between this brush set and the pink one. I ended up buying the latter because I thought the brushes look too flimsy.
    The pink brush set is simply awful, I had to trim all eye brushes and they still scratch like crazy :( I wish I'd bought this one instead

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Joice! That really sucks. :( Hopefully it cost you next to nothing so you don't have to feel too bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I paid 30$ for it :( I swear, it's not worth half that price!
    I hope to hear more about this palette and if it's worth it, I'm adding it to my ever growing wishlist (honestly, I think I could fill 2 pages with stuff I want)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joice: Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I've had nothing but good experiences with buying cosmetics and stuff on ebay, but this just goes to show you that you never can tell. I'm really sorry you got a crappy brush set. :(

    And haha, yeah, I totally know the feeling! My wishlist is like 2 pages long and keeps getting longer! And probably only about 10% of it will actually be fulfilled. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Palette? *What* was I thinking? xD
    I too had the most amazing experiences with ebay and other etailers but the pictures were very deceiving.

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena