Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sassy Minerals swatches

Hi all. I've got a special post for you today. My entire collection of Sassy Minerals shadows and liners! Go here to check out Sassy's website.

Sassy Minerals are only 75 cents a sample, and they come in jars! Isn't that cool? I personally dislike sample baggies, although I do see the sense in them when it comes to storage and shipping. But it's so awesome that these samples come in jars. And they're pretty cheap, too.

Here's a jar open so you can see how much the sample size is.
Photobucket
It's a good amount! You'd have to use that shadow everyday for like 3 months before you'd run out of it, I think. Some of the jars don't appear as full as this particular one, but they've all got a decent amount in them.

Okay, swatches. First up are the Silk Lustres.
Photobucket
These are swatched over ELF Mineral Eye Primer. They're near-matte, so I didn't think they'd fare very well over pixie epoxy. Anyway, these are cool. I really want some more of these, dunno why I didn't order more samples of these. Gambler and Obsessed, although they look very different in the jar, look very similar on the arm. So much so that I got confused while swatching. >.>

Here's the liners:
Photobucket
These are swatched over pixie epoxy. *swoon* Aren't they gorgeous? Gasoline Rainbow is multi-colored sparkle in a black base and it's fabulous. And those purples! Ay yi yi.

Here's a blurred shot to show you the sparkle:
Photobucket

Now for the largest portion, the shimmers:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Swatches over pixie epoxy as well, because it increases the awesome by 1,000 percent. I don't even know what to say about these, they're all so beautiful. I love them all. Ruby Slippers is so interesting and unusual, though. It's a lovely mix of red, orange, and pink sparkle. Pretty.

Here's some blurry sparkle shots of the same shadows:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here's an EOTD I did with Sassy colors:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oh no, I feel really bad because I can't remember which colors I used! Why didn't I write it down?! I know that I used Fairy Wings in the inner corner. Maybe Phenom on the center of the lid? Possibly Tattletale on the outer corner. I know, I suck, I'm sorry guys. I was intensely proud of this eye because I worked on it so long and I thought it came out really well. Oh, I'm also wearing LA Colors Liquid Eyeliner in black and Cover Girl Remarkable mascara.

If you haven't checked out Sassy Minerals yet, I'd highly recommend them. I ordered these a long time ago, but from what I remember the customer service was excellent, and the package shipped quickly. All the jars were individually shrink wrapped so they wouldn't unscrew and make a mess. Nice!

The website is rather unimpressive, to be completely honest with you. The swatches of their own products don't do them any justice. They don't show the complexity and awesome-ness of these colors. When I ordered I went mostly on swatches from other bloggers and the site's description of the colors. But, the cart system works well, so that's a good thing. :)

Do you have any Sassy in your stash? What's your favorite?

6 comments:

  1. so many lemmings just created! I don't think I have a color like Atomic, but I think I might have that one :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's that lemming bug again! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never even heard of Sassy before (thanks to living in the UK no doubt) but these are fab. I can't believe how intense and sparkly they are for such a great price. Fairy Wings and Jinx look particularly awesome!

    Couldn't agree more about the sample baggies - it's so difficult to apply something that comes in a teensy bag without getting it absolutely everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Made Up: Yep, I definitely prefer the jars for application ease! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gulp* Look at all that sparkly goodness! @_@

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joice: I too get mesmerized by the sparkly! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena