Friday, September 10, 2010

probably the only MAC I'll ever own...

Photobucket
...is right here. From top to bottom, left to right: MAC Old Gold, Vanilla, Naked, and Your Ladyship pigments. I ordered these pigment samples from The Beauty Sampler. They were very reasonable in price, the shipping was free, and they shipped insanely quickly. I'd like to make another order sometime.

To be honest with you all, MAC is a makeup brand that I've agonized over for like, forever. I see it constantly, on MUA and in every durn youtube tutorial that I watch. Everybody has MAC. And it always looks awesome and I always want it. But...it's just way too pricey. I feel the same way about MAC as I do about, say, name brand groceries or designer clothing. Sure, it's nice and cool looking and all...but can't you get something that's about the same for much much less? I've thought about saving up and building my MAC collection slowly...but I just can't bring myself to do that. I feel aggravated by the thought of spending $14.50 on a single MAC shadow (there's literally dozens that I want) when I could get 7 Fyrinnae shadows for that price. And MAC comes out with a new collection every single month it seems, so there's always new lemmings. It just seems like such a racket. They make so much profit off something that costs very little to produce. And many, many other cheaper brands create products that are just as good, if not better than MAC. I feel saddened, dismayed and rather upset by it. But I think I've finally come to the conclusion that I just have to let my MAC dreams go.

Anyway, sorry for the kinda-rant.

Um, EOTD, anyone?
Photobucket
Photobucket
So, we got a brand new, nice camera for our wedding and honeymoon and such. And it takes wonderful pictures. Absolutely fabulous macro shots. But...it also magnifies every damn line, wrinkle and blemish on my face! I took one look at these pics and cringed. I actually wanted to go back to my cheapo camera that blurs everything. Look at my perma-creases. Urgh. But...I'm going to try to make the best of it. I love makeup...and this is how I look with it on, so...whatever.

And here's a pic taken by my honey:
Photobucket
I'm smiling 'cause I love who's holding the camera. Hehehe. Wow, I look pale. And the chin blemishes, blegh. Well, these were taken at the end of the day rather than the beginning.

Oh! I almost forgot!
Products used:
3 plum tones from the ELF BeautyBook Neutral Eye Edition on lid, crease, and outer v
a vanilla tone from the same book as a highlight
Styli-Style line & seal in soft black on upper and lower lash line
Cover Girl Remarkable mascara
ELF blush from the blush bronzer duo
and anything I had on my lips had worn off at this point, lol.

Thanks for reading and have a great night! :)

6 comments:

  1. Aww I love that picture, you look so happy :) Macro scares me sometimes too, haha. I LOVE THIS POST, you articulated EXACTLY how I feel about MAC. All the new collections overwhelm me, if I did decide to buy MAC I wouldn't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather. :) I'm glad someone feels the same about MAC. I always want to articulate my feelings but I'm worried I'll be stoned or something, people are so loyal to MAC! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there are plenty of MAC obsessed people who would be totally appalled to hear me say this but it’s seriously overrated! When the first MAC counter opened in Northern Ireland I was so excited I nearly wet myself... Thankfully I managed to avoid that but I still went a bit overboard on the products and bought everything from foundation and concealer to eye shadows and lip gloss!

    To be honest there is only one MAC product that I couldn’t live without and that’s the Superglass lip gloss in Superflash; easily one of the best lip glosses ever :) You’re probably best sticking to the less expensive stuff. I know I’d rather have 5 fab eye shadows than 1!

    P.S love the picture! The camera was definitely an awesome wedding pressie

    ReplyDelete
  4. All Made Up: Thanks for your comment. That makes me feel better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what it is about your eyes but they always look so sultry and sexy :D
    I only had to browse the beauty samples 10 seconds before my heart stopped: 3d gold glitter! I must has iiiiit!!! I want a bucket of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joice: =^_^= Why, thank you! I think I'm usually kind of squinting because of the flash, maybe that accounts for the 'sultriness.' :P

    Yes, The Beauty Sampler is a lovely site, I had a really good experience with quick shipping with them. :D

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena