Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I was afraid of this...

I'm getting married on Saturday.

Yes, in 4 days.

Understandably, I'm freaking out.

Beauty wise, I had everything all planned out. I've been taking super good care of my nails, trying to get them to grow and stay long so I can paint them a nice blue color to match my dress. So yesterday, my right index fingernail tears down to the quick and has to be cut ridiculously short.

So that was snafu #1. But that's a walk in the park compared to snafu #2.

I had a serious allergy attack this weekend. I was literally blowing my nose every 3 minutes. I was doped up on benedryl and zyrtec the entire weekend, which didn't help much. Naturally, the skin around my nose and mouth is now cracking, peeling, red, irritated and sensitive. Not pretty. I've been slathering oils and goop on it night and day, to no avail. I'm not optimistic that this will clear up by Saturday.

To add insult to injury, Aunt Flo also decided to visit.

I feel like digging a hole and burying myself until after the wedding. I want to go on our honeymoon. We're going to Arizona and I don't care what I look like in Arizona. But I care what I look like in my wedding pics. *sigh*

So, yeah. I'm not the happiest camper in the world right now.

Oh, I forgot to mention the stye on my upper eyelid. I've gotten them on the lower lid before, but never on the upper. I'm not digging the 'fat lid' look it gives me.

*cries*

3 comments:

  1. Aw hun don't fret about all this! With the nais cut them all down short and give them a nice file! Theres nothing worst than one short nail and the rest long! You can wear a pretty shade on your short nails and theyll look fab! Or if you had your heart set on long...maybe you could try some falsies? A french manicure set would look lovely!

    With the dry skin thing....I would try to gently exfoliate to get all the yucky bits off then apply loads of moisturiser before Saturday! I'm sure you'll look fab!

    Enjoy your big day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's such a shame but I'm sure none of it will be serious enough to get in the way of your big day! You can always get false nails or just keep them all short. I recommend a little Vaseline round the nose to help clear it up :)

    Hope it goes fantastically well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments, guys. That really does help me feel more optimistic. :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena