Wednesday, September 1, 2010

fotd 8/31

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Products used:
A pink (lid), purple (crease) & white (highlight) from my 42 double stack matte palette
a pink blush from my 42 double stack matte palette
NYC liquid liner
Milani Liquif-eye liner in Silver on waterline (didn't show up much)
Cover Girl Remarkable mascara
NYC liquid lipshine in Sungold Pink

Oops, I've got a big gap in between my liner and my lashes! Must work on that.

This is my second time using the 42 double stack matte palette. It's the same as this but I got it much cheaper on eBay. I paid $18.98 including shipping. I was nervous about the palette coming all the way from Hong Kong, but they packed it so well that it arrived in immaculate condition, not a single shadow had broken.

I've been wanting to try matte shadows so badly. I feel like I've covered glittery and shimmery shadows and want to try something new. This palette of 42 shadows (+ 10 blushes!) has enough colors to allow me to play with mattes and get comfortable using them, so I feel like it was a great buy. Matte shadows are such a different animal in terms of application, but I'm really happy with how this look came out. I love pink and purple! I should wear that combo more often. :-D I'm excited to try some more matte looks.

Have you used matte shadows much? What are your favorite techniques and color combinations?

4 comments:

  1. Really love the purple! I've never been a fan of matte colours because I have quite deep set eyes so they just look kinda dull if I matte shadows.

    Love what you've done with these colours though :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2012 Darcey Parrott for Femputer Makeup. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

beautiful bloggers:

© femputer makeup, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena