A couple of shots of the palette itself:
Pretty colors, huh? There's 48 shadows total. It was on clearance so I paid $4. Not bad. Looks like Claire saw fit to put some of the same colors in twice, though. Some even in the same set of 4 triangles. :-/I like how they're arranged in triangles though, it looks nice. The casing is crap, though. Very flimsy plastic. I could get broken very easily, I think.
Some color notes:
- On the whole, the shadows are really pigmented. The only one I was unhappy about was 20, it looks green in the pan and comes out this weak silver.
- I really love 1-4! Such pretty blues. That's one of my favorite sets of 4 here.
- 1 & 19 are totally the same color. :-/
- 9 is a very nice white highlight shade, actually. I've used it several times now and am happy with it.
- 10 & 11 are the same color. In the same triangle set! *sigh*
- 12, 16 & 44 are all very similar. Tiny differences, not really enough to necessitate putting all 3 in the palette.
- 8 & 23 are very similar.
- I swear 13-16 & 41-44 are the exact same 4 shades, just arranged differently. They look different here because of different positioning/lighting.
- 6, 23 & 40 are very similar.
- 29, 32 & 46 are pretty much the same color.
- Look at 17 & 18! Aren't they pretty? Love those two colors.
- 7 & 22 are similar.
- There are other similarities, but I'm getting kinda annoyed listing them all.
- Love the bronze/coppery colors here. They're really pretty.
Obviously my feelings on this palette are mixed. Colors are pretty, casing crap, texture odd. But I only paid $4, so I can't work up the gumption to feel too upset about the negatives. So...it was a fun buy? Hehe. I dunno.
Do you have any Claire's eyeshadow products? How are they and what do you think of them?